You recognize him from NBC’s America’s Got Talent. Preacher Lawson was in the top 5 finalists just last season, the highest rated to date.
If you didn’t catch his NBC debut, maybe you know him from his YouTube series, Cooking with a Comedian, which is actively uploading new videos as of today.
After spending time on a widely recognized T.V. network, Lawson is often questioned why he continues using YouTube as his main social media platform.
You know why I like it? Because I was walking through the mall in Minnesota and someone recognized me — “Yo, Preacher.” That’s why. Because YouTube is the new television, except you control it. I can’t control if different TV shows pick me up, but I can control my YouTube account.
Lawson takes the trending phenomenon of being a “foodie” and makes it funny. He uploaded “How To Make AMAZING Ice Cream (Vegan)” just this past Tuesday.
How To Make Amazing Ice Cream (Vegan) from Beamingbaker.com
- Coconut Flakes
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp)
- Dairy-free Chocolate Chips
- Frozen Bananas (3 whole)
- Coconut Cream (1 can)
- Maple Syrup (1/2 tbsp)
- Blend Bananas in blender until smooth
- Add 1 can of Coconut Cream, hold water
- Add 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Add 1/2 tbsp of Maple Syrup (Lawson chose to use 1 tbsp)
- Blend together in blender to make cream
- Pour in Coconut Flakes and Chocolate Chips (pulse, don’t blend)
- Pour mixture into bowl with lid
- Freeze for 6 hours
Tips: When ready to eat, let thaw for 5-10min before trying to scoop